A YOUNG SOLDIER'S LETTER TO GOD


 

                                  A Young Soldier’s Letter to God
  My father, a WW2 vet, gave me this when I was young.

The following words were found scribbled on a piece of paper in the pocket of a young soldier…when his body was discovered on a deserted battlefield somewhere in France.

 Look, God, I have never spoken to You, but now I want to say; “How do You do?” You see, God, they told me You didn’t exist--- and like a fool…I believed all this. Last night form a shell hole I saw Your sky and figured right then, they told me a lie. Had I taken time to see the things You made, I’d have known they weren’t calling a spade a spade. I wonder, God, if You’d shake my hand: Somehow I feel that You’ll understand. Funny I had to come to this hellish place before I had time to see Your face.

 Well, I guess there isn’t much more to say: but I’m sure glad , God, I met You today. I guess the zero hour will soon be here, but I’m not afraid since I know You’re here. The signal!... Well, God, I’ll have to go…I like You lots, this I want You to know. Look now! This will be a terrible fight. Who knows, I may come to Your house tonight. Though I wasn’t friendly to You before, I wonder, God, if You’d wait at Your door? Look, I’m crying---me, shedding tears! I wish I had known You these many years. Well, God, I have to go now --- Good bye--- Strange… since I met You…I am not afraid to die.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting With God - Fail Sures

THAT YOUR LOVE MAY ABOUND

OUR SIGNIFICANCE?